I can't believe it has taken me 5 months of living in Budapest to make my first blog post! I was determined to blog from the day we got here...it has just taken me a while to get going. Those of you who know me well know that blogging is really not much like me at all, but I will do my best to make frequent updates.
When I left Dallas, I often thought my first few months living in Europe would entail long afternoons in coffee shops, evening walks across the Chain Bridge, and then some quality time with my husband at night. I am a realistic person, so I had to have known better, but I guess that thinking of what was ahead in this way helped me cope with the thought of having to leave so many family members and friends in Texas. The reality of our first few months in Budapest was quite different. We immediately jumped right into work, and we spent our little free time looking for a place to live (which I will have to post pics of soon), trying to figure out how and where to get something to eat, and learning how to navigate a new city where, due to language barriers, you cannot read a single sign.
Here we are a few months later, and we now have a home that we love and that actually feels like home! What a blessing! We now have our favorite restaurants (and a full kitchen), and we now know how to get anywhere in the city (or at least how to figure it out). In fact, we are also beginning to find some time to spend long afternoons in coffee shops, walk across the Chain Bridge, and spend some time with each other.
We have some pretty hilarious stories from our first weeks and months here, although I am not sure how funny I thought some of them were at the time. I will have to share them as they cross my mind.
More updates soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment